Medium Voltage Arresters
Surge arresters are used for protection of electrical equipment from all kind of overvoltages caused by lightening or switching operations. ABB has more than 100 years of experience in designing and manufacturing surge arresters and protection devices.
ABB surge arresters are made of metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, in grey color, and designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4 and IEC 62848-1.
- Surge arresters for medium-voltage systems
- Protection of equipment from power electronics to high energy capacitors, arc furnace transformers and other
- Surge arresters for special applications in low-voltage systems
- Surge arresters for AC traction systems
- Surge arresters for DC traction systems
- Voltage limiting devices for traction systems
- ABB offers a complete range of surge arresters for HV, MV and LV as well for outdoor, indoor and GIS applications for AC and DC systems. The ABB offering is not limited with surge arresters only
- Local and global ABB application support
- ABB surge arresters are based on the latest technology of metal-oxide resistors
- Directly molded silicone housing in patented loop design for the best environmental robustness and to prevent internal discharges
- Long life-time expectation of all ABB surge arresters