Ocal Corrosion resistant conduit systems
With outstanding performance in corrosive environments, Ocal® PVC-coated conduit and fittings extend the life of your electrical system for many years beyond the lifespan of standard rigid conduit systems.
A complete corrosion protection solution
• Industry-leading thread protection through a hotdipped galvanizing process, and industry-leading UL® Listed type 4X PVC-coated conduit bodies.
• ABB supplies Ocal PVC-coated conduit with hotdip galvanized threads. Hot-dip galvanizing is the process through which the steel shell is dipped in molten zinc, causing the zinc to penetrate the steel.
• ABB supplies Ocal PVC-coated conduit with a full undisturbed zinc coating under the PVC coating, fulfilling the requirement of NEMA RN-1 regarding the restriction of harmed or eroded zinc coating over the conduit.
• UL Listed including UV resistance testing.
• Ocal supplies “double-coat” coated fittings, enhancing corrosion protection by applying coating to the interior and exterior of the fittings before PVC coating.
• Ocal offers custom colors.
• Ocal offers local installation training and certification.
- Ocal® UL verified Nema 4X conduit body: The Ocal UL 4X conduit body, including covers with a leakproof O-ring seal, has been UL verified to meet the latest NEMA standard for both corrosion and damage from liquids.
- Ocal® Certified Contractor Training: Warranties are automatically extended for two years when Ocal is installed by certified contractors. Comprehensive contractor training is available from Thomas & Betts, free of charge.