Emission free public transportation, such as electric buses, improves local air quality and reduces noise pollution. However, the project can come with challenges, especially in choosing the right infrastructure to support the operational needs of the fleet. ABB can help to address these challenges with smart technologies that can be quickly deployed while reducing operational costs versus traditional bus systems.
EV Charging Enabling solutions
As a source to socket solution provider, ABB is laying the foundation for clean transportation, helping our customers to reduce their impact on the environment.
Power distribution infrastructure
- Low voltage switchgear
- Air insulated switchgear
- Gas insulated switchgear
- Compact Secondary Substations
- Low voltage distribution board with fusible disconnectors designed for use with ABB EV Chargers
- Electrical houses
Battery energy storage system
- Battery Energy Storage in an EcoFlex enclosure
- Battery Energy Storage in Compact Secondary Substation (CSS)
Prefabricated and integrated solutions
- eBus Depot scalable solution
- Scalable solution with energy storage for fleet grid
- Modular solution with integrated high power chargers, ideal for roadside and fleet applications.
EV Charger infrastructure
- Terra 54 DC Fast Charger
- Connector charging for electric buses and trucks
- Pantograph up for electric buses
Intelligent asset management