Elastimold Solid Dielectric Switchgear
Elastimold® was the first to offer the industry a completely solid dielectric line of switchgear and offers a compelling value to public power and investor-owned utilities. Elastimold switchgear is compact enough to fit through a manhole, modular and field-upgradeable.
Benefits and News
Elastimold® Solid dielectric switchgear provides compelling value for pad-mount, riser-pole and vault applications.
- Safer — Due to the dead-front construction that virtually eliminates exposure to live components and with Visible break (Tru-Break™ Switchgear module) to assure the circuit is dead and isolated.
- Reliable — Maintenance-free vacuum and Solid Dielectric insulation (molded EPDM) offers more than 50 years of field-proven performance, and all components are sealed and fully submersible. With no oil or gas, there is no leakage and no maintenance required and Non-position sensitive installation.
- Flexible — Compact and lightweight design fits into tight vaults and is modular for combining molded vacuum switches and interrupters in an unlimited number of ways and configurations with upgrades that can be added in the future.
- Compatible — Works with industry-leading SEL® protection and automation controls from Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories.
- Environmentally friendly — Contains no oil or gas for a more reliable, cost-effective and sustainable grid.
- Lifecycle cost reducing — No oil or SF6 gas means no regulatory requirements for monitoring usage and leakage.
This is an excellent option to upgrade from air, oil or gas to the Solid Dielectric installation.
- Pad-mount solid dielectric switchgear
- Vault-mount and subsurface solid dielectric switchgear
- Tru-Beak solid dielectric switchgear
Catalogs and Brochures
Additional Links & Downloads
EXPLORE: IP Industry Brochures
EXPLORE: Application Brochures
Application of Products in the Environment
The compact, modular design fits through a manhole cover.
Components are interchangeable, upgradeable and field configurable.
Elastimold Tru-Break switchgear module, Direct test access port, and Grounding aid device installation.