Limitamp* Air to Vacuum Conversion
Limitamp Vacuum Contactors are designed to provide long, trouble-free service with only a minimal amount of maintenance. At the same time, this new generation of contactors makes the system dramatically safer for workers, reducing arc flash energy.
A conversion from an air to vacuum contactor switches the operation from an AC closing coil to a DC closing coil, which even if misaligned, will not vibrate or chatter and, consequently, not cause system wear.
Features and Benefits
- Extremely quick interruption - reduces the arc energy and results in low contact wear
- DC closing coil - quiet operation, lower maintenance and replacement costs
- No need for exhaust chutes
- No replaceable arc vanes and arcing horns to maintain
- Uses same clip and bolted fuses as air break contactors
- Long life with minimal maintenance
Air to Vacuum Conversion Kit: Kits may be purchased to modify and existing IC2814 or IC302 contactor from air-break to vacuum break contactors. See ABB publication 9AKK1079916232
New Vacuum Contactors: Modern vacuum contactors are available to replace IC2814 and IC302 air-break contactors. The new contactors are CR193V (stab in fuse) and CR193W (bolt in fuse). See ABB publication 9AKK107991A5444