Knowing our customers’ reliance on uninterrupted operation, ABB has invested heavily in innovations that monitor, diagnose, maintain, and repair transformers of all sizes and makes – either in the field or in one of our five repair facilities. Whether you’re looking for transformer service from reconditioning to recovery after a transient, you can be confident that a solution is never far away with our remote capabilities, fleet of 16 vacuum oil processors, skilled service centers, and rapid onsite repairs and testing.
- Remanufacture core and shell type - all OEMs
- Major repairs
- Full IEEE C57.12 and CSA C88-M90 testing
- Extended warranties available
- Thermal upgrades – cooling studies
- Short circuit upgrades
- MVA upgrades
- Redesign with lower losses
- Create multiple-unit spares from a single unit
- Controls upgrades
- Major repairs - all OEMs
- Installation of new load tap changers - repairs, services
- Repairs to fire damaged units
- Remanufacture and repairs up to 1000 MVA
- Testing – full IEEE / CSA tests
- Provide and install gas monitoring –
- Kelman, Hydran
- Oil processing – 18 rigs nationwide
- Bushing and gauge replacement
- New radiators, coolers, pumps, fans
- Replace fluids – mineral, FR3
Onsite High Voltage Testing
- Portable induced testing to 1500 MVA
- Portable impulse testing to 525 kV
- Portable no load and load testing to 800 MVA
For more information, contact your local ABB office.
Call ABB at 1-888-434-7378 with your project questions/concerns.
Our team of specialized transformer repair technicians and experienced repair shop personnel deliver a suite of technologies that pinpoint problems with the highest degree of timeliness and accuracy and restore service with the least disruption possible.
ABB has the largest network of transformer repair facilities in North America. Each facility has capabilities to remanufacture and test transformers to any standard. ABB can remanufacture all types of transformers of both core and shell type manufacture.
Because we maintain the original design records for ABB and several other manufacturers, our repair facilities can begin the remanufacturing process prior to receiving your transformer. Design data availability also allows ABB to provide spare coils for critical units that can reduce future repair cycles by up to half.
ABB is dedicated to advancing our technology and logistics, developing a suite of unique portable transformer services to bring the expected ABB level of quality and precision to customer sites. For larger transformers, the cost for rigging and transportation to a repair facility could reach $500,000 to $1,000,000 each way, and the round trip can easily take three months, assuming no shipping damage. Field transformer testing and repairs, where applicable, offer many benefits to utilities and large industrials – many rapid onsite services can cost less than the transportation expense alone.
- Mobile Transformer Evaluation and Repair
- NuAir - Vacuum Oil Processor Emissions Control
- On-Site Transformer Rewind
- Portable Impulse Test
- Portable Induced Test Trailer
- Portable Loss Testing
- Transformer Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Transformer Clay Reactivation
- Transformer Remanufacturing
- Transformer Services
- Transformer Substation Service