Elastimold Vault – Subsurface Solid Dielectric Switchgear
Elastimold™ medium voltage vault switchgear is ideal for utility companies trying to lower operation and maintenance costs while improving service reliability and preparing to meet the changing needs of the future in their electrical distribution systems. Like all Elastimold switchgear, it contains no oil or SF6 gas, but instead, uses vacuum interruption and solid dielectric insulation, reducing required maintenance to virtually none. Compared to the maintenance required by gas- or air-insulated switchgear, Elastimold switchgear costs less to own over its lifetime.
- Sealed and fully submersible up to 3 meters.
- Fits into tight vaults — small footprint and modularity make it easier to move the components into the vault and to assemble them once inside.
- Components are interchangeable, upgradeable, field-configurable and non-position-sensitive, so they can be installed in any orientation.
- Component-based switchgear results in fewer and shorter outages. No need to ship the entire unit back to the factory for repair or replacement.
- Basic interrupter and switch components are available up to 35 kV and can accommodate an unlimited number of ways and configurations.