Enhance safety, performance and lifespan of your switchgear
Our upgrade solutions enhance the reliability and extend the operational life of switchgear with minimum investment and downtime. The switchgear frame, bus bars, mechanical structure and power cable remains while replacement or addition is done for the electronic and communication components. Minimum or no change is required on the control system for retrofit of old intelligent switchgear as the system can match the protocols and data mappings used.
ABB supports customers with:
• upgrading obsolete components with latest ABB technology
• renewing a system or components while keeping all functionality (i.e. motor controller upgrading)
• reusing and refurbishing existing components where viable
• upgrading existing old INSUM system to MNS Digital.
Technical revolutions have introduced equipment with increasingly advanced electronics, cloud platforms for managing plant and energy parameters, as well as tools allowing predictive maintenance to be carried out.
On-premises condition monitoring retains the analyzed data within the plant operations system. The integration of on-premise condition monitoring system, ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for electrical systems, provides added value by enabling condition based and predictive maintenance capabilities to help increase uptime and decrease maintenance cost.
ABB solutions for technological upgrading of electrical distribution systems are easy to apply by allowing the introduction of ABB Ability™ Energy and Asset Manager, and ABB Cloud platform into existing installations, which provides real-time understanding of your energy consumption and identifies areas for improvement.
- Extends switchgear operational life
- Saves costs and time associated with a switchgear upgrade. Only the system related components are replaced
- Minimum or change on DCS is required in old intelligent switchgear retrofit
- Achieve continuous operation by avoiding unplanned outages while optimizing operating costs
- Lower spare part cost through active product usage
- Integrated with on-premise ABB Ability™ Condition Monitoring for Electrical Systems to enable condition-based maintenance
- Supports both a complete upgrade as well as a phased upgrade approach
- Internal switchgear bus communication are replaced with standard Modbus protocol
- Possibility to make the switchgear safer and more reliable through addition of sensors