Hi-Tech Valiant Full-range Current-limiting Fuse
Introducing the NEW Hi-Tech Valiant™ full-range current-limiting fuse for fire mitigation. No one wants to be the cause of a wildfire. That's why ABB's Hi-Tech engineers developed the Hi-Tech Valiant full-range current-limiting fuse for fire mitigation.
This new fuse incorporates over 20 years of field-tested Hi-Tech full-range fuse technology combined with a new visual indicating mechanism. The Hi-Tech Valiant current-limiting fuse’s special construction contains the expulsive fragments that could otherwise be emitted during fuse operation – fragments that could fall on dry vegetation and ignite a wildfire.
Features and benefits
- Hermetically sealed design to contain expulsive showers during operation
- Meets the exemption requirements listed in the California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 1255 (10)
- Designed and 100% leak tested in the USA
- Fits into an industry-standard cutout fuse mounting bracket
- Meets the IEEE C37.41-20216 standard
- Hi-Tech damage sensor included as standard – helps protect against undetected damage to the fuse that could compromise equipment protection
- Unique, patent-pending engagement pin for easy vertical and rotational alignment during installation
- The actuating pin remains external to the fuse after operation – eliminating the possibility of recloser
- Multi-seal design seal prevents water intrusion
- Soldered/welded electrical connections
- Uses a mechanical spring for operation – contains no black powder or other explosive material
- High fault interrupting capability up to 50 kA symmetrical