Gerapid high speed DC circuit breakers are single-pole circuit breakers designed for use in high energy, high reliability DC power distribution systems. They are suitable for protection of mains and semiconductors (converters/rectifiers) in railway and industrial applications. Feeder circuit breakers and rectifier circuit breakers are available with operating currents up to 8,000ADC and operating voltages up to 3600VDC. They have a very high interruption capacity combined with a current limiting characteristic.
Innovative materials, superior circuit breaking capacity and outstanding dielectric performance ensure service continuity and protection during adverse system events. The technology and quality of these circuit breakers produce high reliability, extended maintenance intervals and uncomplicated serviceability for all fixed installations.
A wide range of fully accessorized rectifier and feeder circuit breakers are available. All comply with IEC 60947-2 and ANSI C37.14.
Features & Benefits
- Ratings up to 8000A and 3600 Vdc (800 Vdc, ANSI)
- IEC 60947-2, EN50123-2, and ANSI C37.14 Certifications
- Solenoid drive (integral control unit, mechanically latched, no auxiliary power required to keep contacts closed)
- Available electrodynamic release for very high speed switching
- Two Stage contact system extends life of main contacts
- Compact, enclosed construction
- Full range of accessories, including up to 10 auxiliary contacts
- Traction power (light rail transit, tram, subway, maglev, etc.)
- Industrial plant protection (electrolysis plants, iron and steel mills, etc.)
- Chemical, petrochemical
- Power generation
- Research/experimental (e.g., physics, particle accelerator protection)