HPC High Pressure
Production of this product has ceased as of June 2014 and all outstanding orders will be converted to HPC II automatically.
See information about the HPC*, New Generation, High Pressure Contact Fusible Switch. Go to this page for a cross reference to get new catalog numbers.
Features and Benefits
- Top or Bottom Feed
800-4000 Amperes 600 Volts ac Max.
- High Durability-Safety of Operation
High-dielectric strength, glass reinforced insulating case.
- High Interrupting Capability
Arc chute of unique construction suppresses arcs and cools gases rapidly, providing quick arc interruption and extended switch life.
- High Transient Voltage Withstandability
Interphase partitions mesh with switch cover to completely isolate each pole.
- Extended Switch Life
Preloaded constant pressure pivot eliminates braid whip and fraying on high short circuit currents and repeated operations.
- Positive "ON-OFF" Indication
Green (OFF), Red (ON), eliminates any question about the position of the switch contacts.
- Easy Operation-Quick Make
Extra heavy duty, low torque rotary operated closing mechanism. L-handle 800-1600A. T-handle 2000-4000A.
- Emergency Open-Quick Break
Finger-tip "OFF" button instantly opens the switch contacts.
- Positive Door and Switch Interlocking
Separate fuse access door is not required.
- Fuse Mounting Bolts with Captive Washers for Ease of Mounting Fuses
- Padlocking Provisions Standard