Spec Setter General Duty
Type TG general duty safety switches are designed for residential and light commercial applications where duty is not severe.
They are available in 30-600 amps, 240 Vac, 250 Vdc maximum in both fusible and non-fusible units, and in NEMA Type 1 (indoor) and Type 3R (outdoor) enclosures. The UL Listed short-circuit rating is 10,000 rms symmetrical amps as standard. When Class R fuses and fuse kits are installed, 30-200 amp switches have a UL Listed short circuit rating of 100,000 rms symmetrical amps. Spec Setter General Duty safety switches are UL Listed as service entrance equipment when installed in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
All general duty safety switches are UL Listed and CSA certified (UL98 Enclosed Switches/CSA-C22.2 No. 4-04) and meet NEMA Enclosed Safety Switch Standard KS1-2001.
NEW features for the enhanced 400-600 amp, 240V, indoor and outdoor switches!
Switches now available — Learn more
- New mounting bracket for easy installation
- New drop handle for easy shipping
- Extended new clear line shields for visible confirmation of plated blade contact position
- Extended factory installed neutral kits
- Add Type 3R enclosure for non-fusible
Features and benefits
- Best suited for residential and light commercial applications. Available in indoor (Type 1) and outdoor (Type 3R) enclosures.
- Integral cover interlock on 30-200A disconnects for added protection.
- Highly visible ON/OFF label takes the guesswork out of safety and gives a clean, modern appearance.
- Bright red handle is easy to see, easy to grip.
- Direct-drive, quick-make, quick-break mechanism "snaps" the contacts open and closed, providing positive ON/OFF indication while prolonging switch life.
- Wide, unobstructed gutter and removable interior make wire pulling and lug connections quick and easy.
- Three-point mounting pattern speeds installation and simplifies ganging in close quarters.
- Plated stationary and movable contacts deliver reliability and long life.
- Galvanized steel enclosure offers superior rust protection in outdoor applications. There's also a durable polyester powder-coat finish.
- Plated blades provide visible confirmation of contact position.