Elastimold Solid Dielectric Reclosers – Triple-single phase up to 38 kV
Overhead electrical distribution lines are frequently subjected to temporary faults caused by tree branches touching the lines or conductors coming into contact with one another due to wind. Elastimold™ molded vacuum reclosers help utility companies deal with these natural occurrences by automatically sensing a fault, tripping open, and quickly reclosing, thereby preventing prolonged service outages caused by temporary faults. When faults are more than temporary, using reclosers can help reduce the number of customers affected by outages until a dispatched crew can restore service.
The increasingly popular triple-single phase Elastimold medium voltage reclosers offer the same smart, light, flexible, and innovative features as the single-phase and three-phase configurations. They contain no oil or greenhouse gases and can be used with industry-leading Beckwith Electric or Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) recloser controls.
- Available in 15 kV, 27 kV, and 38 kV voltage classes.
- Fast and highly reliable electrically ganged operation provides the flexibility of simultaneous three-phase tripping or single-phase tripping with three-phase lockout.
- Equipped with load-side voltage sensors (optional source-side voltage sensors available).
- Internal diaphragm and silicone rubber sheds for reduced weight
- Easily field upgradable and retrofittable thanks to its modular design.
- Magnetic actuator designed to offer trouble-free, maintenance-free operation (rated for a minimum of 10,000 open/close operations).
- High-visibility position indicators on the bottom of each module provide easy verification of recloser status from any angle on the ground.