Elastimold Solid Dielectric Reclosers – Single-phase up to 38 kV
Elastimold™ molded vacuum reclosers help electric utilities increase system reliability, reduce the number of customers affected by an outage, restore service faster after an outage and automate their overhead distribution systems so they don’t have to dispatch a crew for reconfiguration.
Like other Elastimold medium voltage recloser configurations, the single-phase recloser contains no oil or gas but uses solid dielectric insulation with vacuum interruption for virtually maintenance-free operation. The state-of-the-art magnetic actuator is designed and tested to provide at least 10,000 trouble-free open and close operations. All this adds up to a lower total cost of ownership over the life of the recloser for the utility company.
- Unique pole-rotation mounting bracket for easier installation and 0° to 180° repositioning.
- Weighs only 57 lbs. (15 kV and 27 kV units) or 58 lbs. (38 kV unit).
- Compatible with recloser controls from Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) and Beckwith Electric.
- Modular design for easy field upgrades and retrofits.
- Comes standard with integral load-side voltage sensors. Optional source-side voltage sensors are also available.
- Highly visible 360° position indicator on the bottom of the recloser can be seen easily from any angle at ground level.