Save time and labor by shipping prefabricated, ready-to-install assemblies of Steel City boxes, covers, fittings and brackets directly to the job site.
Steel City's innovative bracket designs simplify the process of positioning and mounting electrical outlet boxes
1. Notched ears on switch boxes Steel City® switch boxes feature a longer ear and a special notch. This provides clearance for the screws that are used to attach wall plates to GFCI or rocker-type light switches.
2. MS Bracket boxes Mounts without the use of screws. Mounts to the open or closed side of the stud. Works on stud depths up to 4".
3. Eccentric knockouts on square boxes Provide better contact with conduit fitting and locknut to the box, improve grounding path, stronger than 3⁄4" knockout. Available in all four standard-size square boxes. Improved 3⁄4" knockout position on square boxes.Less labor required to install 3⁄4" conduit to box. Square boxes also come with concentric Knockouts.
4. Raised ground screw bump in 4" square, 411 ⁄16" and utility boxes Quicker surface mounting by eliminating the need to remove the portion of the screw that threads through the back of the box. Allows for improved repositioning of grounding conductor. Ground bump standard in 21 ⁄8" boxes. Ground bump standard in 11 ⁄2" boxes.
5. Pre-installed screws are packaged in raised position Eliminates extra step of having to back out the screw during cover installation.