ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager
A new approach to energy and asset management - ABB Ability™ Energy and Asset Manager software
The ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager is a cloud-based platform that enables you to monitor and manage your facility’s electrical distribution from anywhere to optimize energy use and costs. Flexible, scalable, and easy to implement for single and multi-site applications, the ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager simplifies building management. It also offers predictive maintenance capabilities that reduce downtime and maintenance while reducing operational costs.
ABB Ability Energy and Asset Manager sets a new benchmark for usability thanks to its plug-and-play architecture. It does not require engineering or special support for commissioning and features an intuitive graphical interface that guides the user through a wide range of tasks, presenting all the relevant information derived from thousands of parameters collected from the field.
For facility owners, the ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager can add significantly to the bottom line and the facility’s market value. For consultants, panel builders and others who incorporate it into their projects, it offers a unique competitive advantage.
How it works
ABB Ability Energy and Asset Manager connects to the cloud using low-voltage distribution panels with circuit breakers, relays, metering devices, transfer switches and other equipment. Depending on the requirements of the application, the devices can be connected via Modbus RTU or TCP, sending data to the cloud via one of two ways:
Embedded solution with Ekip Com Hub
A SACE®Emax 2 breaker, Ekip UP monitoring and control device, or TruONE™ ATS equipped with the new Ekip Com Hub establishes the cloud connection for the whole switchboard.
This dedicated cartridge-type communication module just needs to be inserted into the terminal box and connected to the internet.
External solution with ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway
The ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway module can be mounted on DIN rail to collect data throughout the system.
Connect sensors to measure environmental parameters (temperature, water, gas) via both analog and digital I/O.
ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway has enhanced connectivity functionalities, providing Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connectivity
The Energy Manager and Asset Manager can be purchased separately or as a bundle.
Oversee site performance, supervise the electrical system and allocate costs.
Visualize the system structure, verify asset health and get actionable insights following predictions and prescriptions
Schedule and analyze automatic data exports, improve the use of assets and make the right business decisions.
Set up alerts to notify key personnel while remotely implementing an effective efficiency strategy, managing maintenance activities and scheduling next actions.
ABB Ability™ Energy Manager
Energy efficiency has become essential to running cost-efficient operations. ABB AbilityTM Energy Manager provides real-time understanding of your energy consumption and identifies areas of improvement. And it’s scalable, from a single site to a multi-facility system with hundreds of users.
- Monitor - Discover Site performance, supervise the electrical system and allocate costs.
- Analyze - Schedule automatic data exports, improve the use of assets and take the right business decision.
- Act - Set up alerts and notify to key personnel and remotely implement an effective efficiency strategy to achieve energy savings in a simple way.
ABB Ability™ Asset Manager
ABB Ability Asset Manager sets a new benchmark for simplicity and flexibility in asset-performance management. Allowing users to see and optimize site equipment behavior anytime, anywhere via an intuitive graphic interface. This helps with reliability, availability, and to minimize unplanned maintenance.
Condition Monitoring - ABB Ability Asset Manager provides granular visibility of asset behavior in real time for both LV and MV environments.
Predictive Analytics - Detect potential faults through condition assessment, performance trends and pre-alarm notifications.
Maintenance Planning - Root-cause analysis of asset condition enables predictive maintenance that significantly reduces unplanned downtime and operational costs.
- Real-time power and energy monitoring dashboards via the cloud
- AI-powered intelligent alerts that can be sent via text message and email
- Up to 5 years of electrical data storage
- Automated reporting on key metrics (e.g., energy cost, power quality)
- Predictive maintenance dashboard on circuit breakers
- Power and energy use forecasting tool
- Runs on secure Microsoft Azure platform
- Efficiency - By eliminating inefficiencies in the system and providing a higher level of control, ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager can save 10% on utility bills alone and can help cut overall operational costs by up to 30%.
- Reliability - Avoid downtime and the costs of unnecessary maintenance and equipment checks.
- Lower OpEx – Simplify building management, reduce equipment and maintenance expenses—with savings of up to 30%.
- Reduce costs – Comprehensive electrical system data collection makes comparative analysis, benchmarking, reporting, cost allocation and implementation of energy management strategies fast and easy.
- Simple and scalable – Unmatched scalability and flexibility enable easy integration with complex supervision and management systems in single- and multiple-site applications.
ABB Ability™ Energy and Asset Manager is based on a simple and integrated architecture, with self-configuring connection and guided commissioning that guarantees high flexibility of application.
Retail or chain stores
Small to mid-sized production plants
Utilities and power generation
Micro and Small
Enterprise and Hyperscale