ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager
Hit your sustainability and efficiency targets.
ABB Ability™ Energy Manager is the digital solution to monitor and optimize your energy consumption and CO2 footprint, giving you the chance to make faster and better decisions based on data insights.
Energy management tool for small to large size sites, including industry-specific features (Buildings, Data centers, etc…)
Innovative cloud-based or on-premise platform and ready-to-use solution thanks to a Software-as-a-Service business model and pre-engineered functionalities which ensure on-site commissioning in less than 1 day
Cost-efficient solution with add-on and premium services (including an upgrade to ABB Ability™ Energy and Asset Manager)
How it works
ABB Ability Energy and Asset Manager connects to the cloud using low-voltage distribution panels with circuit breakers, relays, metering devices, transfer switches and other equipment. Depending on the requirements of the application, the devices can be connected via Modbus RTU or TCP, sending data to the cloud via one of two ways:
Embedded solution with Ekip Com Hub
A SACE® Emax 2 breaker, Ekip UP+ monitoring and control device, or TruONE™ ATS equipped with the new Ekip Com Hub establishes the cloud connection for the whole switchboard.
This dedicated cartridge-type communication module just needs to be inserted into the terminal box and connected to the internet.
External solution with ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway
The ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway module can be mounted on DIN rail to collect data throughout the system.
Connect sensors to measure environmental parameters (temperature, water, gas) via both analog and digital I/O.
ABB Ability™ Edge Industrial gateway has enhanced connectivity functionalities, providing Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connectivity.
Energy Manager & Asset Manager Modules
Modules can be purchased separately or as a bundle. Click on each module to learn more.
ABB Ability™ Energy Manager
Energy efficiency has become essential to running cost-efficient operations. ABB AbilityTM Energy Manager provides real-time understanding of your energy consumption and identifies areas of improvement. And it’s scalable, from a single site to a multi-facility system with hundreds of users.
- Monitor - Discover Site performance, supervise the electrical system and allocate costs.
- Analyze - Schedule automatic data exports, improve the use of assets and take the right business decision.
- Act - Set up alerts and notify to key personnel and remotely implement an effective efficiency strategy to achieve energy savings in a simple way.
ABB Ability™ Asset Manager
ABB Ability Asset Manager sets a new benchmark for simplicity and flexibility in asset-performance management. Allowing users to see and optimize site equipment behavior anytime, anywhere via an intuitive graphic interface. This helps with reliability, availability, and to minimize unplanned maintenance.
Condition Monitoring - ABB Ability Asset Manager provides granular visibility of asset behavior in real time for both LV and MV environments.
Predictive Analytics - Detect potential faults through condition assessment, performance trends and pre-alarm notifications.
Maintenance Planning - Root-cause analysis of asset condition enables predictive maintenance that significantly reduces unplanned downtime and operational costs.
- Real-time power and energy monitoring dashboards via the cloud
- AI-powered intelligent alerts that can be sent via text message and email
- Up to 5 years of electrical data storage
- Automated reporting on key metrics (e.g., energy cost, power quality)
- Predictive maintenance dashboard on circuit breakers
- Power and energy use forecasting tool
- Runs on secure Microsoft Azure platform
- Efficiency - By eliminating inefficiencies in the system and providing a higher level of control, ABB Ability Energy & Asset Manager can save 10% on utility bills alone and can help cut overall operational costs by up to 30%.
- Reliability - Avoid downtime and the costs of unnecessary maintenance and equipment checks.
- Lower OpEx – Simplify building management, and reduce equipment and maintenance expenses—with up to 30% savings.
- Reduce costs – Comprehensive electrical system data collection makes comparative analysis, benchmarking, reporting, cost allocation and implementation of energy management strategies fast and easy.
- Simple and scalable – Unmatched scalability and flexibility enable easy integration with complex supervision and management systems in single- and multiple-site applications.
ABB Ability™ Energy and Asset Manager is based on a simple and integrated architecture, with self-configuring connection and guided commissioning that guarantees high flexibility of application.
Retail or chain stores
Small to mid-sized production plants
Utilities and power generation
Micro and Small
Enterprise and Hyperscale