SACE Emax 2
The all-in-one innovation
SACE® Emax 2 sets a new circuit breaker benchmark for the needs of today and tomorrow, matching all the new grid requirements thanks to its distinctive features. It enables a direct communication to the new energy management cloud-computing platform ABB Ability* Energy and Asset Manager. Smart and plug and play architecture makes SACE Emax 2 all-in-one easy to use. Leveraging also unmatched electrical performances, SACE Emax 2 sets a new circuit-breaker benchmark for the needs of today and tomorrow.
For applications in accordance to UL 1066 Standards
- E1.2 frame: reaches 1200A with breaking capacity up to 65kA and short time withstand ratings of 50kA. It is the most compact power breaker perfect for applications where space is limited.
- E2.2 frame: offers a rating up to 2000A, breaking capacity up to 100kA and a short time withstand ratings of 85kA.
- E4.2 frame: ratings up to 3600A with a breaking capacity of 100kA and short time withstand ratings of 100kA.
- E6.2 frame: is the top of the range model with ratings up to 6000A, breaking capacity up to 100kA and short time withstand ratings of 100kA.
For applications in accordance to IEC 60947 Standards
- E1.2 frame offers 1600A with breaking capacity up to 66kA and withstand current up to 50kA for 1 second. are essential in places with reduced dimensions available, such as in naval and offshore installations.
- E2.2 frame enables ratings up to 2500A, breaking capacity up to 100kA and withstand current of 85kA for 1 second.
- E4.2 frame is the 4000A circuit-breaker designed for high short-circuit capacity of 150kA and withstand currents up to 100kA for 1 second.
- E6.2 frame is the top of the range model with a breaking capacity up to 150kA and a structure that allows 6300A to be reached.
- Triple Certified (UL/CCC/IEC)
- UL1066SA for Marine
- ML Naval RINA Certification (ML version IEC only)
- Switch disconnectors 1500VDC (MS-E version)
- Up to 1000VAC (E9/10 versions)
Features & Benefits
Efficiency and control
The All-In-One innovation able to manage almost any conditions of the grid thanks to advanced functions such as Load Shedding, Power Controller, ATS, Interface Protection, Synchrocheck logics, Adaptive Protection.
Simplified integration into automation and energy management systems thanks to the eight communication protocols supported. Easy connection to the cloud computing platform ABB Ability Energy and Asset Manager. Remote connection through the embedded Bluetooth® wireless technology and ABB EPiC mobile app.
Four sizes are available. Compact dimensions and high performance. Up to a 25% cost savings in both footprint and copper.
Ease of use and Safety
Easy and safe operations and maintenance. Plug & play accessorizing. User friendly commissioning tools. Platform able to evolve during the lifecycle through the ABB Ability Marketplace™ offering.
Publications & Tools
Catalogs and Brochures
- SACE® Emax 2 Technical Catalog (UL Standard)
- SACE® Emax 2 Technical Catalog (IEC Standard)
- SACE® Emax MS/DC 1500VDC Switch Disconnectors Technical Catalog (UL & IEC)
- SACE® Emax MS/DC 1500VDC Switch Disconnectors Brochure (UL & IEC)
- SACE® Emax 2 E9/E10 for voltages up to 1000VAC Brochure (UL & IEC)
- SACE® Emax 2 ML shockproof circuit breakers catalog (IEC)
- UL Low voltage circuit breakers for naval/marine applications
- Remote Racking Device for Emax 2 Product Note
- ABB Transfer Switch Solutions Brochure
- Spare parts catalog
Installation and operating instructions
- SACE® Emax 2 Video Manuals
- Installation, operation and maintenance manual (installer)
- Operating instructions for design engineer
- Instructions for using Ekip Touch protection trip units and accessories
- RELT (Reduced Energy Let Through) Setup and Test Guide
- Modified Differential Ground Fault (MDGF) Protection Setup and Test Guide
- Zone Selectivity Interlocking (ZSI) Setup and Test Guide
Tools and software
- Drawing selector
- Empower (configurator)
- EPiC App for commissioning and monitoring
- Ekip Connect 3 software for programming and commissioning
- SACE® Emax 2 Trip Unit Tutorials
- ABB Library
Whitepapers and other technical documents
- SACE ® Emax 2 Specification guide
- Arc flash mitigation with RELT (Reduced Energy Let Through) for NEC 240.87 presentation
- Arc flash mitigation with second I protection (2I) and Dual Settings for NEC 240.87 white paper
- Arc flash mitigation using SACE ® Emax 2 and Arc Guard System ™ TVOC-2 whitepaper
- ANSI/UL low and medium voltage arc flash mitigation solutions
- Battery Energy Storage white paper
- Modified Differential Ground Fault (MDGF) Protection presentation
- Embedded ATS System white paper
- Embedded ATS Main-Gen Open Transition selection guide
- Embedded ATS Main-Tie-Main Transition selection guide
- Load shedding whitepaper
- Adaptive protections whitepaper
- Ekip G trip units for generator protection whitepaper
- Communications Technical white paper
- Communications register mapping
- Trip unit evolution General Electric Trip Units to ABB Ekip Trip Units
- Guide to Instantaneous Selectivity