OVR Outdoor Vacuum Reclosers
Versatility with increased reliability and safety.
With over 20 years of proven field performance and advanced design, the OVR recloser provides the most reliable recloser for grid modernization and optimization. The OVR recloser is one of the most flexible devices for network automatic restoration. In addition to reliability improvement and reduction of SAIDI, SAIFI and MAIFI indexes, the OVR recloser can be used as an automatic load break switch or as a sectionalizer. This flexibility in functionality makes the OVR recloser the perfect solution for a smarter grid.
Features and benefits
- Increased reliability - the highest creep distance among the recloser poles on the market helps ensure long-term performance in any environment
- Unparalleled performance - HCEP (Hydrophobic Cycloaliphatic Epoxy) insulating material used on the poles provides the best insulation for outdoor use and shedding of water and debris, helping reduce the probability of flashovers even in heavily polluted areas
- Simple, faster and safer maintenance, as all the electronics are in the low voltage range, eliminating the need for a bucket truck to isolate potentials to service electronics
- Easy integration with ABB Relion® protection RER615 2.0, capable of programming grid applications.
- Optionally available with SEL 751 IED with basic Feeder protection functionalities, offering flexibility in protection relay selection
- Solid dielectric recloser: ABB vacuum interrupters and sensors embedded in each recloser pole
- Gang-operated three-phase tripping
- ABB Relion® RER615 protection
- Integrated current and voltage measurement
- Reliable in extreme conditions like high polluted environments
- Rated at up to 38 kV, 16 kA solid dielectric
- High-impedance fault detection
- IEC 61850 native: communication protocol flexibility: IEC 61850, Modbus and DNP or IEC 61850 and IEC 101/104
- Standard web browser used to check the current system status of an ABB Relion® relay