Power Break II Switchboard
ABB's industrial-duty switchboard product line Power Break® II ---features individually-mounted breaker compartments for ABB's complete product family of insulated case breakers.
Power Break II (PB) switchboards can house insulated case circuit breakers as mains, ties, and feeders; and low voltage power circuit breakers as mains and ties.
The PB II switchboard line offers an outstanding cost effective, alternative to the more robust switchgear constructions. ABB switchboards feature:
- Rugged construction - Specially designed bus structure enabling them to withstand the damaging effects of a short circuit for at least 30 cycles - a feature normally found only in switchgear.
- Fast cycle times - ABB has some of the fastest switchboard manufacturing cycle times in the industry.
- Broad Functionality - Similar overall functionality to comparable ANSI-rated switchgear.
- Cost effective design - ABB's PB II Switchboard save you money as functional alternative to switchgear.
Both switchboard product lines feature protective devices that can be provided with communications capability for connection to ABB's Power Management Control System. This switchboard line also features simple designs that allow for rapid field modification and maintenance - a must for use in applications where system downtime is absolutely unacceptable.
- PB II switchboards are available with main bus ratings from 1600 to 6000 amps
- Up to 6000A main bus
- 150kAIC @ 480V, 100kAIC @ 600V
- EntelliGuard G mains and ties only up to 6000A
- Power Break II (ICCB) breakers up to 4000A
- Designed, built, and tested in accordance with NEMA PB-2, and listed under UL-891
Features and Benefits
- Individual breaker compartments, including 100% rated molded case breakers
- Rear cable compartment
- Trip unit display through the breaker escutcheon with metering and trip information
- Industry-exclusive 30-cycle short circuit withstand bus rating up to 85kA
- Standard tin-plated copper main bus
- Compact, modular design allowing 6-high breaker stacks in most cases
- Optional epoxy-coated, insulated/isolated bus with rear and side barriers
- All insulated case and power circuit breaker with EntelliGuard© TU trip units
- TU Trip units with reduced energy let-through (RELT) setting
- Instantaneous - zone selective interlocking (I-ZSI)
- Instantaneous - waveform recognition instantaneous trip
- ABB design approach also facilitates field reconfiguration
- Flexibility, reliability, simplicity and safety
- Coordinated to ABB sub assemblies
- Cycle time to support your needs