SafeGear & SafeGear HD Air-insulated Switchgear
Medium voltage, metal-clad switchgear for primary distribution up to 15 kV suitable for indoor installations
SafeGear® and SafeGear HD arc-resistant switchgear products meet or exceed the IEEE C37.20.2 standard for metal-clad switchgear and the IEEE C37.20.7 standard for arc-resistant testing guidelines. Both medium voltage switchgear products have been seismically tested to IBC Region D. SafeGear is also qualified for Ip1.5.
SafeGear rated up to 50kA, and SafeGear HD, rated for 63kA, not only meets the conventional standards for metal-clad switchgear but goes beyond the metal-clad standards to provide the added protection of arc-resistant construction. The arc-resistant design reduces life-cycle costs through equipment protection and improves safety for operations and maintenance personnel.
- Arc-resistant design reduces life-cycle costs through equipment protection and improves safety for operations and maintenance personnel
- REA arc flash relay utilizes arc flash mitigation
- SafeGear provides 2.5 square feet of savings
- Modules can be arranged in a variety of one-high and two-high configurations, which allows for fast, efficient delivery of custom switchgear
- Utilization of ADVAC and AMVAC breakers, which have the lowest total cost of ownership due to extremely low maintenance requirements and are the easiest breakers to maintain in the industry
- Ultimately, equipment damage is reduced, equipment reliability is increased, and serious injuries are prevented
- SafeGear rated up to 50 kA, and SafeGear HD, rated for 63 kA applications
- Meet/exceed IEEE C37.20.2 requirements for metal-clad switchgear and IEEE C37.20.7 arc-resistant testing guidelines, and have been seismically tested to IBC Region D.; SafeGear is also qualified to Ip1.5
- Galvanized construction, hem bending, bolted frame, modular design, instrument compartment, breaker compartment, PT/CPT/Fuse compartment, bus and cable compartment
- Additional safety features: closed door racking, snuffer contact design – PTs/CPTs
- SafeGear and SafeGear HD utilize the ADVAC spring charge mechanism breaker; the AMVAC magnetically actuated breaker is available for SafeGear