ReliaGear™ LV MCC with Arc Flash Mitigation
ReliaGear LV MCC with Arc Flash Mitigation: Even More Protection
*Formerly known as Evolution E9000* with AFM
ReliaGear LV MCC with Arc Flash Mitigation (AFM) is offered for specific applications where additional personnel protection is essential. The AFM units were designed around lowering the electrical shock hazards for motor control centers.
The AFM unit design includes optional IP20 devices and incidental contact safety barriers in an effort to prevent accidental contact with energized parts during maintenance.
New Level of Arc Flash Mitigation
The ReliaGear LV MCC with Arc Flash Mitigation units are designed to help reduce the likelihood of exposure to electrical shock and the potential of internal arcing faults occurring during maintenance. The retractable stab mechanism allows for closed-door racking of the unit, helping protect electrical personnel from the dangers of an arc flash occurrence.
The AFM unit design includes optional IP20 devices and incidental contact safety barriers to help prevent accidental contact with energized parts during maintenance.
Safety. Awareness. Ease of Maintenance.
Safety interlock prevents customers from opening the unit door and racking out the stab when the stab is energized. The visual indicators on the front of the units provide personnel with a clear view of the status of the stab and vertical bus isolation shutter.
AFM (Arc Flash Mitigation) Features
- Two-position closed-door retractable unit stabs
- Automatic operation vertical bus isolation shutter
- Stab and Shutter position indicators on unit doors
- Padlock for racking screw & stab-breaker interlock
- Optional IP20 safety features and incidental contact barriers
- Stab and Door Interlock: prevents opening the unit door when stab is energized.
- Stab and Unit Interlock: prevents user from taking the unit out when stab is energized or, inserting the unit into the bus when stab is extended.
- Racking Screw and Disconnect Interlock: prevents the user from racking the stab in/out of the unit with the disconnect in the “ON” position.
- Applicable Standards and Guidelines: ICS-18; UL 508, UL 845; IEEE 1683
- Main Bus: 600 - 2500A
- Vertical Bus: 300/600/850A
- Legacy NEMA Contactor
- Unit Type: Plug-in only
- Short Circuit & Volt: 480V/100kAIC & 600V/65kAIC